Stoner Ramblings

Three Days, 22 Strains in Amsterdam

February 13, 2017

Visiting Amsterdam Coffee Shops

Back in 2012 I fulfilled a lifelong dream of visiting Amsterdam. While on a solo trip through Europe, I spent three days power walking from coffeeshop to coffeeshop looking at as many strains as possible and picking up grams of only the best. I ended up smoking ~22 grams of herb and 2 grams of hash in those days + a space cake.

A few observations:

  • Amsterdam is F’n awesome. It’s really fun to smoke so openly in public with other heads from all over the world. People are generally very nice and good spirited. In all of the places I visited in Europe, Amsterdam had the best vibe.
  • 60% of the coffeshops seem to be supplied by the same group (mediocre herb) – the other 40% are independent and have some good flavors.
  • the BEST herb that I saw in Amsterdam is on par with good herb in Oregon, California, Colorado, but not top shelf chronic (I don’t want to offend anyone with that statement, just stating my opinion.)
  • They LOVE Hazes in Amsterdam and the love certainly rubbed off on me. It’s like we love kush on the West Coast. Every coffeeshop had multiple haze flavors. It was really great to start the day puffing huge joints of haze before working into the heavier indicas as the day progressed.
  • I always heard great things about Amsterdam hash, but as you’ll see in the photos below, I didn’t come across anything to write home about. I’m guessing it’s out there and I just wasn’t looking in the right places… next time. 😉
  • My favorite coffeeshops of the trip: Grey Area (Awesome bud tender. Very cool, patient dude.), Club Media, Dampkring, Barney’s, Bulldog (not for buying herb, but smoking/chilling), Grasshopper

On to the nug shots. Please excuse the quality of the photos, this was before I had a nice macro lens haha. 🙂

Kandy Kush (Grey Area)
Kandy Kush strain

Super Lemon Haze (I forget coffeeshop)

Super Lemon Haze strain

Silver Bubble (Grey Area)

Silver Bubble strain

White Russian (Sheeba)

White Russian Strain

Champagne Haze (Club Media)

Champagne Haze strain

Amnesia Ice-o-later Hash

Amnesia Hash

Carmello Hash

Carmello Hash


Nugs not pictured: several varieties of Super Silver Haze, Casey Jones, Bubblegum, Blueberry, a couple other batches of Super Lemon Haze, Sticky Fingers Haze, Strawberry Haze, Chocolope, Amnesia Haze, OG Kush, White Widow, a5 Haze, Northern Lights, Pot o’ Gold… and a few others that I’m forgetting.

You Might Also Like

No Comments

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.